Sunday, April 21, 2013

I wrote a book. A legit book. That you can, like, own. And read.

OK, so first, here's a picture of me relaxin' with a bunny. 
And second, I wrote a book. It's called Did I Do That? and it looks like this...


Part of the reason why I wasn't really blogging last year was because I was busy writing this book. It's about your favorite decade: the '90s! And if you have money you can buy it and read it and love it and then years and years from now be buried with it or pass it down to your great-grandchildren as a family heirloom (or "earloom," which is what I used to think people were saying when they said "heirloom").

One page of the book looks like this...



Another page looks like this...

And the book comes with an Urkel T-shirt transfer.


I don't want to hype it too much because I'm a humble person but it's the best book you'll ever read. Seriously, though, it's fun and if you like this blog then I'm sure you'll be into it. 

Click HERE if you're in a book-buying mood. But if you're broke, no hard feelings. I totally understand.

On a more sentimental note, it was through this blog that I found my writing voice and it was your thoughtful/hilarious/supportive comments that really gave me the confidence to continue to develop that voice. So, you, person reading this right now, played a huge role in the creation of this book. Thank you! 

19 comments:

P said...

I've just went onto the amazon UK website and ordered it - it looks fun! :-) Congrats.

Mintvirgin said...

WANTWANTWANT!

Helen said...

can you make it available for kindle please and then I will buy it? Shipping to here is a nightmare!

Your next door neighbour said...

Amazing, I'm buying it! Congrats, what an achievement!

Shannon said...

DUDE!! You're like famous and stuff!!

That's awesome. You need to do a post about how you got published and all that other crazy stuff that comes along with book writing and shiz!

VIVA LA 90's!

Alison Corinne said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was wondering why you weren't posting lately! Your book looks great, because you're a great writer! Plus, AN URKEL T-SHIRT TRANSFER?!? That is pure genius. :D

http://www.thatalisonwonderland.blogspot.com/

Erin McCarthy said...

I'm sure it's an amazing book. You really should be recognized for your talents as a writer. You've had a big influence on my blog and at least two of my friends will be getting this for christmas! Keep on kicking ass and eating burritos!

miss jille said...

Totally awesome job!! Can't wait to read it

justanotherinbetween said...

I need it! Freaking good :D

Tina said...

This is awesome. Congrats!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! That is seriously impressive and must be SO exciting. Looks great, too!
xo

Kirsten said...

I love the Urkel transfer, but is there any way I could get a transfer of you relaxin' with a bunny instead?

Ana said...

Thank you Rookie for bringing me to the raddest blog ever.

Rachel Yelding said...

Oh wow! Any book with Captain Planet on the front cover gets an instant add to my wish list!

Thank you for your article on Rookie about blog followers. I completely empathise both IRL with having successful friends and in the blogosphere. It's good to know that other people get those feelings of inadequacy too. I think your blog is cool! I will follow but in a non-pressure way :)

http://rachelyelding.blogspot.co.uk

Aida said...

wow. that looks amazing! congratulations!

Aida x

http://sunshinesuperwoman.blogspot.co.uk

Kelsey Furigay said...

Amazing! You inspire me. Hope one day I'll be as lucky as you. :)

Kelsey ~ thenoisythinker.blogspot.com

Frank_Ice said...

I got your book the other day and it's awesome!

Abigail said...

The book looks amaaaazing, just like the 90s omg <3 I just stubled upon your blog and I love it! I know it's horrible to ask but maybe please follow me back? I've just started my blog and I'd love to know what you think about it!
Abigail x
www.lerevasser.blogspot.com

e697e7a6-9190-11e3-8c60-000bcdcb471e said...

I've been reading a lot of other nostalgia blogs lately and, holy shit, do they all suck in comparison to yours. Nostomatic opened my eyes to the escapist joys of reminicing about childhood, and while there's no shortage of places on the internet to do just that, most of them are sullied by a whole lot of racism/sexist/otherwise offensive commentary that just makes it really depressing instead of fun. You never did any of that! I appreciate all the good times I had with this blog so much more now. Thanks for being awesome. <3