Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Evil Koopa and his troopas are up to misbehavin'

Last weekend I purchased The Super Mario Bros. Super Show on DVD, expecting to just sort of kick back one lazy day and marvel at my ability to recall the lyrics to the theme song. I had no idea that I’d be sitting through 75 minutes of racial stereotypes in pun form.

Italian Ethnic Slurs

  • Pasta Pests
  • Spaghetti Head
  • Masked Meatball

Plumber Epithets
  • Tub Toes
  • Shower Head
  • Plumb Twerp
  • Faucet Freak

Things Italians Say

  • The Provolone Ranger is ready to ride.
  • Holy Canoli!
  • Leapin’ lasagna!
  • Mamma Mia (naturally)!
  • Pasta power!
  • Lucky linguini!
  • Patty cake, patty cake, pasta man. Give me pasta power as fast as you can.



Things Plumbers Say

  • You can stop a sink but you can’t stop a plumber.
  • Tell Billy the Koop, I have a golden plunger with his name on it.
  • I thought we were up the pipe without a plunger.

I still have one more disc to go, so I'm sure I'll be adding to these lists.






3 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

Don't forget the "drain snake" jokes!

Angie said...

OMG why haven't I heard of this show before? I NEED THE DVD TO HAVE A MARATHON!

Amber said...

A lot of these kid shows are totally unwatchable when you're older but this one wasn't so bad. You can get it on itunes.