Sunday, March 30, 2014

How I Live My Life

So, for the past decade or so, but especially the past couple of months, I've been suffering from hardcore mental anguish. Just struggling internally, like, all the time. These feelings were oppressive and relentless and I didn't know what I was going to do...until today when I bought Uno Mod, the sleek 21st century version of the classic multi-colored, Spanish-language card game.


You see, I used to have the crappy, archaic version of Uno but was always super depressed whenever I played the game or even just looked at/thought about the stack of cards. "This shit is not smooth as ice," I'd say to myself dejectedly. Those cards were totally incompatible with my way of life and it was stressing me out. But then I went to Target today, saw Uno Mod, and was like, "yes! Finally, there's a version of Uno that fits my lifestyle!" Already, my anxiety has melted away and I just can't stop thinking about how red hot this new Uno case is going to look on the living room table. Or maybe I'll buy a display case for it. I don't know, I haven't decided yet.

6 comments:

The Post Modern Talko said...

Wow man, one time I thought Target understood me but then they closed that Starbucks at the front of the store...
I'd say definitely a display case—or if I'm being completely honest, a display case for the set you *don't* leave on the coffee table to play with friends.

Fear Street said...

Cha. Ching.

Roxarita said...

Doesn't it make you feel better when you've been full of mental anguish and people say things like "Blog more, please"? That's really useful. Blog more, please. I only feel understood by this blog. Even Uno doesn't get me.

MJ said...

I will cut a bitch if they play one more 'Skip' on me!

amandi said...

Oh my god! I NEED to get one I only have uno that is made for sauna..

Amanda said...

You are one of my favorite humans that is also a stranger and that I am also aware exists. What I am saying is that I really enjoy you and consider you a favorite, but I can't prefer you over friends/family I see in my everyday life. Therefore, you are one of my favorite strangers, but there are also probably a lot of people out there that are really awesome that I have no clue even exist because they live in Ontario and don't blog or something.

I think I got off track. Kudos. I'm always pleased when I stumble back here and you have written something new.