You can really judge how much of a nerdburger you are by the gifts you receive on your birthday. My boyfriend got me this...
Star Wars toaster! It makes your bread evil...
Don't worry. I killed the toast with the force...of my teeth...
My mom bought me this balloon...
...which I muderlized in an epic lightsaber duel (using my handy, purple Mace Windu lightsaber). My mom also had these cookies made for me...
Another reason why today is super special is because it's this blog's first anniversary. I've always been fickle and these days my attention span seems to be getting shorter and shorter, so it's hard to believe that I've been able to keep up this blog for this long. I think that it's because of all of you guys--your support, hilarious comments, etc.--that I've been able to keep doing this. So I just want to thank everyone for reading and not unfollowing me after I drew that picture of Waldo holding the communist manifesto. Just by reading the comments you leave for me, I can tell that you're all infinity times smarter, funnier, and sexier than the readers of most other blogs.
To celebrate your awesomeness, I've decided to give out some awards. Now, these awards don't come with any rules. You don't have to give them to five other bloggers or link back to me. You can post them on your blog or your sidebar if you want but I'd be just as happy if you posted them on your heart.
2. Vita Brevis--Read this blog, please. Thank you.
3. Kazoo--Megs is the coolest, as far as I'm concerned. I like her as much as I like Martin Short. And I like Martin Short a lot.
4. Are You There Youth, It's Me Nikki--Nikki is an OG nostomanic follower. It's because of her that I'm always creepin in the YA section of the library and getting weird stares from parents.
5. From the Head of the Danaconda--This guy taught me everything I know about weiners.
6. The Stir-Fried Dinosaur--I love Rob.
7. Christina In Wonderland--This chick knows what's up.
8. Not That Kind of Girl--Ugh. This girl is so rad, it makes me sick.
9. Without Obsession Life is Nothing--Total love.
10. Culture Kills...wait, I mean cutlery--I think the two of us could speak to each other in nothing but pop culture references.
11. Vomit Popsicle--So funny. Seriously.
12. No One Reads the Copy--You should probably read this blog. Like, right now.
13. I Want Your Sass--Have I told you, lately, that I love you?
14. The Crymes Syndicate--My twin.
15. Missed Periods and Other Grammar Scares--When it comes to grammar, I'm...creative. But this super smart lady still reads my blog. Therefore, she is cool.