Saturday, February 12, 2011

90s TV Show Valentines for You and Yours

Valentine's Day Anecdote: When I was in 6th grade, one of my teachers had us make construction paper-crayon-safety scissor valentines. Everyone was supposed to make a valentine for one other person in the class. My friends paired up, but I guess there was an odd number of kids, because I didn't have a partner. No one seemed to notice or care. I spent the entire class period begrudgingly making a valentine, while hoping that all of my "friends" would drop dead and subsequently burn in the eternal fires of hell. I was also trying to stifle my tears, and was doing a good job of it, until everyone exchanged valentines. Naturally, I broke down. Everyone was standing in the hallway by this time, and a bunch of girls from my class came up to me, wanting to know what was wrong. I told them that no one made a valentine for me. After hearing this, some of them ran back into the classroom and jerry-rigged a crude valentine out of scraps of paper. In retrospect, I suppose this was sort of sweet. But, at the time, I thought it was total bullshit, and I threw that thing away. My teacher must have seen me crying because I ended up having to go to this group for emo, "at-risk" girls, led by the school counselor every week.


I've made these 90s TV show valentines for you to share with the people you care about, in the hopes that no one you love will have to go through what I went through all those years ago. 




Roseanne

Full House


My So-Called Life


Friends


Dawson's Creek


The Nanny


Martin

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Clarissa Explains It All

Boy Meets World



25 comments:

RMb said...

this whole post is nine levels of win!
i especially love the my so called life calentine & the full house valentine.
also, i probably really am going to print them & hand them out to people.

lalalalauren said...

Haha, well done! I especially love The Nanny valentine.

Allison said...

So great! I love these.

nikki said...

You win at life for that Boy Meets World valentine.

Celita said...

Best valentines ever.

:)

Monster Girl said...

You're amazing :D

Simon said...

Boy Meets Girl is so...acurate.

Me, I'm focusing on WB/Cartoon Network-cartoon centric ones. I specialize in Xiaolin Showdown.

girlwithglasses said...

you just made my day. i'm going to abuse the hell out of these valentines.

Barbara said...

Love these! The My So Called Life one is my favorite.

michelle said...

ahhhhhhhhhh captain picard! yes :D

Tizz said...

BEST. EVER.

girluntitled said...

i love the dawson's creek one. i can totally envision james van der boek saying that in that whiney school-boy bitch voice of his! haha. are these for sale??

Heather Taylor said...

Big thumbs way up for this post!!

Amiee said...

I'm totally giving my boyfriend the Roseanne one, just not sure if he'll go for it!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Fear Street said...

YES.

Megs said...

Yay! These are awesome. I especially appreciate Clarissa and the Nanny.

But I'm pretty sure I'm giving the Star Trek one to my husband this year.

Ali said...

People would hurt other people to have these cards. Brilliant.

Can you make one for me to give my husband? On the front, I want a picture of a parade float on fire and the words "Be My Valentine..." and on the inside: "...my Emily Valentine."

Tabs A. Geek said...

I'm so giving the Star Trek one to my boyfriend next year. That's awesome.

This post is full of Epicness.

Cristina said...

You. Are. Brilliant! Love the Martin and Star Trek ones!

Roxanne and Lorraine said...

I think you would appreciate this: http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/02/10/tv-kisses-mash-up/

If you can even stand more mushy gushy. Also, the last Boy Meets World valentine made me snort. Hooray unattractive laughter!

Lor

Sammy V said...

Love the Boy Meets World and Star Trek: NG ones!

Sammy V said...

Love the Boy Meets World and Star Trek: NG ones!

Hipstercrite said...

Will you please add the "share this" widget to your posts! I constantly want to tweet but the URL is too long!

Sada said...

Damn, Amber! Will you be my valentine next year?

Kylee said...

I thought the Chandler valentine was my favorite and then there was Star Trek

Genius.