Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sashe, Shante

My goal: dress more 90s. Here are a couple of items that I picked up today.


IMG_0225
Gray Standard Cloth sweatshirt from Urban Outfitters. Note the 90s "V-collar."
IMG_0226
Kelly Green Urban Renewal sweatshirt from Urban Outfitters. My mother said that it looked like something from Wal-Mart, which I think is 1990s fashion in a nutshell.
IMG_0227
Plaid flannel from Forever 21...
IMG_0228
...and yes, that is a gray hood. You may have seen this particular look rocked by Ben Savage and/or Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
IMG_0229
Black faded wash denim vest from Forever 21.


The design geniuses over at Forever 21 have developed a denim vest-gray hoodie hybrid (with a detachable hood); the next time I'm in the city I will be purchasing one. I wonder what would happen if I paired the flannel-hoodie hybrid with the denim vest-hoodie hybrid. Ah, there really is such a fine line between innovation and insanity.

3 comments:

RenRexx said...

i hated those flannel hoodies- mainly because the only people that wore them were the broke gangsters with their long shorts and their high socks. i hated that!

notthatkindofgirlblog said...

Dude, your Forever 21 plaid looks like it has a sad face with an AWESOME MUSTACHE!

Yay anthropomorphism.

Kelly L said...

Are the 90s cycling back already? I knew this day would come. I am still recovering from the 80splosion at Target.