Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Dishes Are Done, Man

This DVD cover has always bothered me.





1. First of all, this makes no sense. Where are these feet coming from? Are we supposed to believe that the babysitter was buried with her feet sticking out above ground? Who would do such an asinine/insensitive thing?
The kids aren’t going to have to worry about telling their mom the babysitter’s dead when the babysitter’s feet are so clearly visible. 

2. The worst thing about this isn’t the blatant cleavage or the fact that her chest area is insanely disproportionate to her lower half; it’s that ugly halter top she’s wearing. I’m sorry but Sue Ellen Crandell would never wear that.

3. Kenny doesn’t play the guitar in this movie, so this is just stupid, but if he did, I doubt he’d do it while standing in such a contrived tableau. 

4. Sunglasses? Really? There was absolutely no reason to photoshop sunglasses onto this poor kid’s face; they give me no insight into his character nor do they hint at any of the film’s deeper themes. The guitar, while dumb, is at least relevant.

3 comments:

nikki said...

This is one of those movies that I will ALWAYS stop to watch whenever it's on TV. It's a little embarrassing, but I can probably recite it word for word. Also, I started calling my brother a punk after Sue Ellen called Kenny a punk.

Amber said...

I can't figure out what it is about this movie that makes it so great but I'm right there with you, I'll watch it every time it comes on TV.

RenRexx said...

i watched this movie so many times when i was younger, and i never stopped to really think about the cover art- but man that was some cheap ass photoshop!