Monday, July 18, 2011

Amber's Getting Ready for Comic-con. Meanwhile, Superheroes Are Doing Things.

San Diego Comic-con starts this Wednesday and I'm pretty jazzed about it. Last year, I met Joss Whedon!!!!!!!!! Though I doubt anything as cool as that will happen, this time I'll be wearing some fresh Joker sneakers, so I'll at least be infinitely cooler than I was last year.
While preparing for the Con, I've been fixating on the banalities of the superhero experience--the things they do when they aren't out superhero-ing:


Wolverine renting a DVD from the redbox kiosk

The Flash adjusting his watch for daylight savings time


Kitty Pryde drinking an icee


Rogue texting someone on her iPhone, probs Gambit

Batman tracking a package he ordered from Amazon.com
Professor X knitting a scarf that he's going to sell on Etsy

Robin chewing gum while walking
Supergirl feeling bloated


And finally, Thor--god of thunder--and Storm--controller of weather--smooching. 



Gigantic Comic-Con post coming soon...

8 comments:

Eleni said...

Awesome! The Batman and Professor X ones made me laugh out loud :)

I'm looking forward to reading about Comic-Con online... Some day, I may make it there in person. I'd love to meet Joss Whedon. I don't know how I'd react, though--hopefully I wouldn't start crying for joy. That would be embarrassing, and make me cry even more.

Ashton King said...

The one about Robin made me giggle.

I have issues chewing gum and walking sometimes.

Barbara said...

I'm not big into comics, but I've always wanted to go to this because it sounds like a blast. Have fun!

Tabs A. Geek said...

1) I am totally jealous of your shoes and the fact that you are going to ComiCon AND that you have met Joss Whedon.

2) Your drawings are epic.

Simon said...

I can chew while I walk. I AM A SUPERHERO.

Soph! said...

your drawings cracked me up! Have fun at comic con :)

Roxanne and Lorraine said...

Amazing. Supergirl has bloated days too? I feel like such a winner right now.

I'm totally jealous that you get to go to Comic con. I think your cool drawings were just so we wouldn't all take out our jealous on you. Well played.

Lor

nikki said...

I can't WAIT for your comic-con post. An East Coaster with two kids and no money? I will never be able to go and need to live vicariously through you.