Thursday, December 31, 2009

Yay for Awards!

I have to admit that I’ve always sort of wanted one of those pretty little awards that adorn the sidebars of all the really cool blogs. Thanks to Nikki, the eponymous blogger of Are You There Youth, It’s Me Nikki, I got one and in addition to typing the words that you are reading right now, I am currently singing “Oh Happy Day” a la that kid from Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit.




Here are the rules that came with the award:

1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.

Thank you, Nikki. Your blog is super cool and has actually inspired me to purchase two old-school YA books.

Seven interesting things about me:
1. My middle name is Dare. 
2. I was a fourteen-year-old stand-up comedian. People laughed at my bit but that probably had little to do with the actual funniness of the jokes and a lot to do with me being a kid. 
3. I was born in Alaska. 
4. Wayne’s World is my favorite movie and when I was in fifth grade I wrote out the entire script from memory and then had a bunch of my friends come over to my house and act it out. 
5. I’ve never had a cavity. 
6. I used to play “Jerry Springer” with my Barbies. 
7. I got the physics award when I was in high school even though I absolutely sucked at the subject. I think I got a “D” or “F” on every test but the teacher graded on a curve, so I guess I was the smartest dumb person.

My nominations:

1. I Miss Your Face: A very, very cool nostalgia blog (that I hope gets updated soon because it’s so awesome).
2. The Bewildered Brit: Do not visit this blog on an empty stomach. You’ve been warned.
3. vint4ge 1.0: I like this blog, even though I can’t read a single word of it. But if you, unlike me, know French, I’m pretty certain you’ll dig this one.
4. I Really Suck at This: Actually you don’t suck at this, actually you’re really, really awesome at it.
5. Austin Carnivore: Clever and well-written.
7. I’ll use this last slot for a slew of superb people whose blogs I read constantly but who seem to already have this particular award. Are you there youth? It’s me, Nikki, Melanie’s Randomness, Dibbly Fresh, and Children of the 90s.

 Happy New Year Everyone!

6 comments:

nikki said...

Oooh! What two YA books did you buy?

Also, Wayne's World is awesome! I absolutely love the scene backstage at the Alice Cooper concert.

I Really Suck At This said...

OMG Thank you so much! You made my day!

FYI, I also love Wayne's World. When I was in the fifth grade I decided I was going to watch it 100 times in one calendar year. I succeeded.

Sadako said...

Thanks for the mention!

I love Wayne's World, too. And I've never had a cavity either.

vint4ge said...

Thanks a lot !
I wish I was at school with you, I could have been awesome in your Wayne's World acting :)

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit said...

Blimey! Thank you so much for nominating me (I'd have read this sooner had my computer not died, along with my router!)! I'm touched!

Like you, I've never had a cavity! High five!

You totally deserve the award: I love your blog! Happy new year (four days late...)

Amber said...

Nikki: I bought this book called "Help! I'm Trapped in the First Day of School" and then re-bought "Maniac Magee," which was my favorite book as a kid.

Everyone else: It's cool to see so much Wayne's World love.